Salmo Local leaving Kettle Falls yard

Salmo Local leaving Kettle Falls yard

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Progress Update #6... New Room!

Wow! I just noticed how pathetically long it has been since I updated this blog! School and sports have been eating my time like they always have and always will. That's a good thing, but that just means I don't have as much time in the model railroad room as I would like.
One reason for the long delay in visual progress was a huge room renovation project. Over the coarse of two months, my dad, a friend, and I refortified the foundation of the building that the layout is in, put a wall in the middle of our large bonus room to create the train room (man cave) and a multipurpose family room, and  laid new tile for flooring. We also added more lights above the layout, added ventilation fans in the ceiling, and added a new window. This was painstaking work, but was well worth it. The model railroad is now in a much better environment in many ways. Next big project will be adding fascia and a skirting to hide the "ugly" stuff underneath.

BEFORE

AFTER





Next project I did was to a SW1500 I bought. This is an old blue box engine, but with a little bit of work I got it running fairly well. I just need to get a decoder for it. I also weathered and detailed it from prototype photos. Sorry for the blurriness.






No comments:

Post a Comment