Salmo Local leaving Kettle Falls yard

Salmo Local leaving Kettle Falls yard

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Progress Update #9 Continued Scenery

In the midst of constructing the benchwork, I've been continuing with moving along with the scenery. I've done most of all the ground cover for the Columbia River scene. I just need to add trees... A lot of trees. So, because of my need for mass amounts of trees, I've been experimenting with different methods for the best looking tree while staying cheap and quick. Here's some pictures of my progress.

Columbia river scene:
                                                             Before


                                                                 Current:




Here's a few trees I've built with the method using furnace filters for branches and cedar shakes for the trunks.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Fantastic job over the past year! Your layout has really grown and it looks great! You've inspired me to get up out of the chair and get back to work on my own little piece of NE Washington.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's coming along... slowly! It's always super inspiring to see progress on your layout too!

      Delete