Salmo Local leaving Kettle Falls yard

Salmo Local leaving Kettle Falls yard

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Getting an A+ With Modeling!

Happy Father's Day! My dad's taking a nap so I thought I'd put this together with the little bit of time. :)

For an English final at school last week I had to do a presentation to the class on the book Of Mice and Men. I was thinking, how should I display the different physical aspects of the book in my presentation? Hmmm... A diorama! How fun would that be! Unfortunately, because I had other classes I really had to focus on, I didn't start the diorama until the day before my presentation. I hate procrastination even though I'm really good at it and I'm not proud of that trait at all! So, this is the result of a few hours of work. All the structures were scratchbuilt and the field is a result of some experimentation (fake fur and 2mm static grass). Could getting a 100% an English final be any more fun? I don't think so! You never know how modeling can help with things other than on the layout! This is the first time I've shot model photos outside. So, the photos are extremely blurry because of my lack of experience. Here's another excuse... I'm terrible at photography!





2 comments:

  1. Hee hee, reminds me of a couple of history projects I did in school myself, right down to the procrastination.

    Look to see if you can control the aperture on your camera. There may be a manual mode (usually M) or a aperture priority mode (A). If so, find the highest f-stop your camera will support and shoot with that; this will help get the focus a little better through the depth of the photograph.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice comment. If I remember, those photos were shot on an Android phone, not the digital camera that I usually use. Unfortunately, I don't think I can control f-stop on a phone. Besides that, when I do have the regular camera, I'm still not very talented... At all! I still have A LOT of learning to do. Thanks so much for your help!

      Delete