Salmo Local leaving Kettle Falls yard

Salmo Local leaving Kettle Falls yard

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Progress!

          Here's another update on what I've been up to in the train room. Since I'm out of school I was hoping to get tons of things done in the train room, but summer has been more busy than I thought. Anyway, here's the update. First off, I got the whole Kettle Falls yard area sceniced, which is exciting.

         The other thing I did was I built and for the most part completed the Purina Mills grain co-op complex. The elevator was built with PVC pipe and the warehouse and truck dump/ load out was built from a model power mine kit. These two structures were HEAVILY kitbashed to get the final product. The structure was then covered with scale 4x8 pieces of tin foil which had been pressed into a comb and then was sprayed lightly with gray primer and dullcote. The railing on the elevator was made from brass wire soldered together and painted. The cross on the top matches the prototype as shown in the following pictures.


 And the model.....


I also built a little tool shed/ex. speeder shed. I freelanced this structure just basing it on my opinion of an ''interesting'' structure.
Here's also a few ore jimmy's I added to railroad roster. The GN  acquired these cars from the Misabee Line to be used for Dolomite service. Here's two jimmy's that I had laying around so I added some #148 couplers. Still gotta get some metal wheels though.


If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, I'd love to here them!

No comments:

Post a Comment