Salmo Local leaving Kettle Falls yard

Salmo Local leaving Kettle Falls yard

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Progress Update #2 Locos

The other things I worked on were locomotives. I bought a Atlas GP38-2 a few months ago and it REALLY needed weathering. So, what did I do? Weather it! Here's some pictures.




Next locomotive is a Athearn Blue Box CB&Q GP35. This locomotive was and still is my dad's. He's had it since he was 10 yrs old. That means this engine is REALLY old! Anyway, it didn't run too great so, I installed new NWSL wheels, installed new motor mounts, new truck gears, and installed a DCC decoder. D13SR to be more exact. After all that, it runs slightly better, but is still not as smooth as I'd like it to be. If you have any suggestions, let me know. Work on this locomotive is strictly considered a "Father/Son" project, so I can't work on it with my own time unless approved by dad. Because of this rule, work on it is very slow because he doesn't have much time and it's extremely hard for him to have enough time to spend a 45 min. evening with me a week. The other project still to do on it is detailing.


No comments:

Post a Comment